Frequently Asked Questions – Membership
Networkwide Calls: Members are also invited to participate in Networkwide calls throughout the year that cover a wide range of topics and speakers or panels.
Meeting Minutes: Following each meeting you and your designated colleagues as well as your registered guests receive an electronic copy of the meeting minutes and the speaker presentation, if applicable. You will receive monthly meeting minutes even if you are unable to attend.
Introductions: Following each meeting, Members and registered guests receive electronic introductions to all first-time guests and speakers including vCard’s.
Connections: Following each meeting, any connections requested by our Members and guests are delivered via email, including connection subject and vCards. A ‘connection’ is a formal request made during the meeting of one person to another to ‘touch base’ (follow up) outside of the meeting on a certain subject (or sometimes just generally).
Monthly Report: Members receive a monthly report of all member, guest and speaker attendees from your Mastermind meeting including an Excel spreadsheet with each person’s contact information.
Annual Report: The primary Member receives a written annual report of all member, guest and speaker attendance from your Mastermind meeting during the past 12 months and an Excel spreadsheet with each person’s contact information.
Each of our Members makes a dues investment which is paid monthly by credit card.
Originating Member dues are $400 per month. Professional Member dues are $500 per month. In certain markets, based upon operational costs, dues are reduced by $100 for both Member types.
Professional Members include Accountants, Appraisers, Architects, Attorneys, Engineers, General Contractors and Consultants whose shared business intelligence can or should accelerate the transaction process.
The term ‘Exclusivity” defines the ideal scenario mentioned above where “one person from each discipline” shares. The reality as it relates to senior level commercial real estate and development people is there is overlap. The intent is that each participant over their career has become an expert at an interesting and material niche where others in the group have less expertise and accordingly can help each other now or in the future. As participants repeatedly demonstrate their niche expertise it raises their credibility and top of mind ranking in a particular niche.
As a Member, you exclusively represent the niche discipline you were nominated for (i.e. you will be recognized as the Retail Broker, Attorney, Office Developer etc. for the Mastermind Group). Each of our Mastermind Groups have a unique personality or “Member Mix” (click here for a sample Member Mix Chart). The Members of the Group define and nominate disciplines – and when those individuals chose to become Members, they then hold the seat exclusively.
Frequently Asked Questions – Meetings
Please do not share your elevator pitch or bio – for those that don’t know you, your bio will be projected on the screen for people to read (or ask for a connection with you).
- Members MUST show up or send a colleague to every meeting. Your fellow Members are depending on your participation.
- Members MUST share information in the meetings that will stimulate thoughts, ideas, subsequent conversations and the need for subsequent meetings between the Members and their business networks.
- Members MUST ask for connection reminders to follow up outside the meetings with Members, guests and speakers regarding specific topics or to strengthen your relationships. You asking for a connection gives others permission to ask for connections. This is not the place to suddenly find your hidden shyness.
- Members MUST follow up on the introductions and connection reminders.
- Members MUST schedule and hold subsequent meetings.
- Members MUST bring guests, suggest speakers and nominate new Members. Everyone attending a REAL Professionals meeting is there to gain access to each other’s business networks. The Members that share their business networks notice the Members that don’t.